The most noticeable problems for a poorly performing or worn clutch is the loss of drive, slipping or shuddering when starting off.
The clutch can wear out because of normal wear and tear, heavy towing, incorrect operation, faulty components or when training a new driver who has a tendency to ride the clutch.
You should never have to feel like you are not safe on the road. Our team is well versed in all clutch issues, such as:
- Clutch plate Friction Material Worn causing slippage and or shudder
- Pressure plate diaphragm spring broken causing hard selection of gears
- Faulty thrust release and spigot Bearings causing hard selection or slippage
- Fluid leaks Reducing Hydraulic Pressure causing hard selection
- Broken or poorly adjusted Clutch Cable causing hard selection or slippage
- Release Fork Sticks and making noises
When your car is having clutch issues, it will give you a headache. From the grinding to the chirping, a stuck, hard or difficult clutch can be a safety issue. It is important to maintain the proper fluid, a tightened cable.
For all your service needs be it clutch related, log book service, small issues, and major repairs make an appointment with us at Port Adelaide Auto Repairs!